Saturday, September 27, 2008

Standing still

It's a regular day---well, was a regular day. Nothing special. Except that I spent the night at my friend's place. No kids. No late-night clean-up. Not the usual youtube or facebook checks. I saw a couple of old friends and ex co-workers. I need some new hobbies. I should just go walking...at the park near my place. Or...just stand still. *sigh*

standing still

walking barefoot on a dry land
she barely feels the heat
on the soles of her feet

sticky blood dried on the sheet
he's gone---leaving behind
memories stolen from an innocent
stashed in a broken bosom

valleys of tears go on
for what seems like forever
then stop
at a red light
one screaming 'enough'

standing still
the tears have dried up
so has her heart
on crossroads of big dreams
big losses, big hurts
a period where

guitars cease to play
piano keys stuck on one note
an eclipse frozen
for half a second

it's the waiting
the changing

No comments: