Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Masked secret

Off to a better start this week. Heard back from Miami (arrogant people). Good news so far...hmm. I'm finally getting over my "I-hate-nuts" phase. I used to LOVE peanuts when I was little...I guess I ate it too much, lol. But I've drank coffee since I was like, 6? I think. I was very young. And not just your typical watered coffee, but strong, Haitian black coffee, almost every morning. I always had it with sugar...then my mom started worrying about my health and made me add milk. And I still love it today too. I still do...like a familiarity so well versed in my body; without it I'm numb. Oh well, I turned out to be short (thanks to the genes I inherited and coffee).

Random:
still water, i wonder
if the moon answer when i ask
if the sun can come out to play

paper planes nearly miss my ear
as she runs with the kite string in her hand
turns around to look at me, crooked smile

my baby sleeps on my belly, vacated house
visited by the rented owner to find
a present soon to come wrapped in tissues

i sigh, having lived a carefree day
breathe in the last conscious thought
my mind runs off to the moon, to play

with the sun.
(raw in the making)

No comments: