Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm Yours...NOT.

Hilton Head was wonderful (sorry for the lack of a more descriptive word). I didn't get to write as much as I wanted to but I did find time to admire the tranquility and beauty of the nights, beach and area. The resort my friend and I stayed at (I was invited to join by her parents) was beautiful. The pools were clean and warm, the people were nice and very helpful, but everything was expensive. I guess I can say I lived the rich life for 3 days, lol. Overall though, it was so beautiful. I was swimming so late at the beach, I saw the full moon's reflection on the waves...the view from my room was amazing...but the food in South Carolina was...weird. The water tasted like dirt and everything I was familiar with (food, that is) tasted different...and that's not good. I guess it's a good thing that after this trip, I was able to write 3 new poems, one published, the other two stashed in my secrecy box. I was listening to Jason Mraz's song "I'm Yours" and thought, "Who can I say that to?". Smiling and chuckling to myself, I thought "Everyone and no one." It truly is a satisfying life to be happy with oneself and others. At the same, I am no one's. (Secretly, desiring to be someone's you may think. I'm saying no. Not true. No, siree). Ok, no one's but God's. Better? No? Ok...hmmm...I guess you'll have to accept this as it is. So yea, I'm yours. Really, I am.

No comments: