Friday, August 12, 2022

Choosing me

 I ended things with the guy. He became inconsistent and "busy". I gave him a chance to correct after pointing it out but it went right back to the poor communication and inconsistency. As nice as he seemed and was, it also didn't mean that he was allowed to take up space in my life if he wasn't coming correct. I'm sad. Not devastated but sad. He was nice. I really wanted it to work out. I got no indication that he was bad for me. But maybe this was to teach me to fight for someone better and to not settle. He wasn't great; he was...good. It was a cordial ending. I'm grateful for grace that was in the space of saying goodbye.

Tomorrow makes a year since Mom died and I'm ok. Just okay.

*sigh*

At the end of the day, I chose me. Because I know what I deserved and he wasn't it.

I'm also loving me where I'm at. Not where I want to be. I'm loving me now.

No comments: