Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quotes

My original intent in writing this post was to maturely try to understand what I've been going through emotionally, mentally and spiritually these past few months. However, I ran through someone's blog who led me to a site with quotes for broken hearts. I've listed a few of my favorites. (I have to say that I'm going through a re-broken heart phase):

“God can heal a broken heart, but He has to have all the pieces.”
- Author Unknown

“It hurts to breathe because every breath I take proves I can't live without you.”
- Author Unknown

“God is closest to those with broken hearts.”
- Jewish Saying (I guess He's been close to me my whole life then...)

“Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go.”
- Author Unknown

"Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.”
- Will Smith

“If someone you love hurts you cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it.”
- Unknown Author

"Nobody deserves your tears, but whoever deserves them will not make you cry."
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

When love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze into heaven for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal.
- Unsure about Author

"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
- Psalms 34:18

Now what I've been going through these past few months cannot be truly captured with one quote; rather, it's the medley of these quotes that grasp the essence...and my hope in Christ to help me heal and see myself clearly through the broken glass that constantly plagues me...

No comments: