Sunday, May 10, 2020

Taking a pause from it all

It's been a while...and I remember saying that it would be days instead of waiting years again. But life got in the way again. So I'm trying again.


Update: I've now completed residency (WHOOHOOOO!!) and am now in my surgical critical care fellowship in Texas. So far so good. I have a few (literally a few) job offers so far. Haven't really looked yet.


I've started incorporating meditation, ancestral worship and reflection in my spiritual journey. I have stopped going to traditional church since fall/winter of 2017. I have struggled as a Haitian woman (Afro-Caribbean American woman) in America to be part of the "Church" as it's represented in America. I haven't put much effort into finding a new church.


I haven't been writing much as a result of just life becoming to busy with "busy work". But I do love my new place--it's forcing me to be more social--somewhat.


And for the most important update: I am thriving. I am single but dating. It's a little challenging because I am still working long hours but I am making time.

No comments: