Wednesday, April 27, 2011

That verse I never got...

"There is no fear in love; perfect love drives out all fear. So then, love has not been made perfect in anyone who is afraid, because fear has to do with punishment." 1 John 4:18

For the longest I've struggled with the meaning of what this verse was pointing to...and for the longest I thought it spoke of how we should love, are to love. And it wasn't until I was reading an old acquaintance's blog on how she too struggles with the same fears I have in my life that I realize the truth in this verse.

Love is God...there is no fear in God. His perfect love drives out all fear. His perfect love. Not ours. His love is perfect. It died on the cross for us. It renews us everyday and cleanses us to perfection. So we can look like him. Perfect love. What a miracle. What a blessing...

And it's in His love we are to find our true reflections, not what we see or how others see us but how He sees us: whole, complete, fearless. That is who I am in Christ. And it's having faith that in His love we have freedom do we truly live free. Because the price for freedom in Christ was paid on the cross...

Praise be to Yeshua...

No comments: