Friday, June 19, 2009

I saw your name

I saw your name

And my heart didn’t skip a beat

My pupils didn’t get any wider

My senses didn’t quicken

I didn’t get warm all over

Instead my fingers clicked along

On the black keyboard

My eyes passed—without pausing

Over your name

Obsession’s gone

I don’t linger on thoughts of you

Because there is none

Hmm

Yea

I laugh.


This poem was written yesterday, while I was at work. I was going through my 'buddies' list on aim, I scrolled over a certain person's name. My heart didn't jump at all, I didn't pause, my eyes kept on scanning through. It wasn't a non-chalant feeling. It wasn't bitter or sad. It was just it. I was glad.


Last night though, I went to bed, having no intentions of dreaming of anyone, because I have multiple dreams at once. He was there. But not really there. He left a message that I accidentally deleted. Didn't get to read it. And now, I'm thinking, maybe it was never meant to be read and moved on.


Glad to be finished. I'm into 'The Script' and Gavin DeGraw. I like chocolate covered strawberries. I love reading and my writing is where I want it to be. I love sleeping and don't mind sleeping the day away. I'm into cookie dough flavored ice cream. Chocolate's still my favorite though. I'm starting to like *some* beers...I'm leaning towards Irish beer though. I'm into wine, red or white. And this is all me. What I like. No one inspired me to do me. But God..He made me.

No comments: